Canada continues to attract a steady volume of students across the globe. Each year, more than 130,000 international students choose to study at Canadian universities. In order to study in Canada, you will need to obtain a Canadian study permit, which serves as a Canadian student visa for the duration of your stay. However, if you wish to study in Canada, but are not sure if you qualify for a student visa or study permit. You can make use of the official Canadian study license tool to find out if you need a research study visa or permit.
Moreover, figuring out how difficult is it to get a Canadian student visa, otherwise known as a study permit will play a very crucial role when you decide where you want to study in Canada. Besides, in this article, we will provide information in detail on everything you need to know or do to get your student visa for Canada, and how difficult is it?
Canada introduced a new path that will transform global students in Canada into Permanent Locals. Canada is still accepting study authorization applications, however, hold-ups should be anticipated. If you’re a global pupil who has a legitimate research authorization or were accepted for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the traveling limitations.
What is a Canadian Study Permit?
A Canadian study permit is an official document issued by the Canadian immigration authorities that allow foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLIs) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. You do not need a Canadian study permit if your course or program lasts six months or less.
However, make sure you have all the documents you need before you apply. You should also apply before you travel to Canada. Your study permit is not a visa. It doesn’t let you enter Canada. Your study permit alone won’t enable you to enter Canada, and you may be issued with a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA) alongside your permit.
Moreover, a study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay. Besides, once you have a Canadian study permit, you can apply to renew it from within Canada if you decide to continue your studies. Furthermore, you may also be eligible to work off-campus, work as a co-op, or intern as part of your program, stay in Canada as a permanent resident or find work after you graduate.
Examine if You Require to Get a Student Visa in Canada
International students that continue to be in Canada can put on restoring their research study permit and can continue to study and work while their application revival is being refined. If a study authorization was released to a global pupil after March 18, 2020, they are currently not permitted to take a trip to Canada.
If you’re passing by air, you require to follow all airline company requirements as well as pass a medical examination performed by airline companies prior to you’re allowed to board your trip. Anybody that reveals symptoms of COVID-19 will certainly not be allowed to go into Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada, they will certainly analyze your health prior to you leaving the port of entry. You need to have a strategy to quarantine for 2 weeks when you show up in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no signs. If you do not have a plan, you need not take a trip to Canada.
Only individuals that give vital services, for example, truck drivers who routinely go across the border to keep the circulation of items, are exempt from the quarantine demands.
Eligibility Requirements for the Canadian Study Permit
However, you can study in Canada if you:
- are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- prove you have enough money to pay for:
- your tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- obey the law, have no criminal record, and get a police certificate (if required)
- prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires
Begin your application for the Canadian Students visa
As soon as you got the approval letter from the college, it is time to continue to the following action: obtaining a trainee visa, which is locally called a research study permit. However, below are things you should know before applying for a Canadian Student Visa:
- Are a family member or employee of an international rep in Canada, that is recognized by the Division of Foreign Affairs, Profession, and Advancement Canada.
- Sign up for a research study program that lasts less than six months.
- Belong to international militaries from the Checking out Forces Act.
- Are a resident of one more country, however, you have an Indian status signed up in Canada.
Remember that the research permit/visa does not function as a regular visa, which enables you to go into or travel to Canada. For that, you will certainly need a traveling visa or a Digital Travel Consent (eTA)
The First Steps to Getting Your Trainee Visa
- Apply online for your Canadian student visa, on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) site prior to you showing up in Canada.
- Send out the visa application records by blog post if you have a minimum net connection or can not submit the files online.
- Give an acceptance letter from a marked knowing establishment (a university acknowledged by the Canadian federal government).
- Supply evidence of enough financial resources to sustain your studies in Canada (tuition charges and living costs).
- Existing evidence confirming you have no rap sheet.
- Submit clinical records that specify you are in healthiness; send full medical examinations if required.
According to recent visa policies, if you have a family member working or requesting a job license in Canada, the application for your research study license will certainly be refined in 2 weeks. You might restore or prolong your study license if you:
- wish to proceed with your studies
- your program has an expansion
- you transfer university
Beneficial pointer: check out if your home nation is on the checklist of biometrics ask for the research study license application.
Biometrics Visit As Well As Interview.
Relying on your race, you could have to turn up at a Visa Application Centre in your country to have your biometrics taken. The biometrics cost is 85 CAD. This cost is in addition to the regular visa application fee (150 CAD). Some nations are exempt from this biometrics demand, so their citizens will not need to check out an application center at all.
Depending on your specific scenario, you could likewise be required a meeting. Regional visa application centers will charge a small charge for using their services.
You can make use of the Pupil Straight Stream to get the research to allow quicker. Charges start at 150 CAD and the handling time is typically around 20 schedule days. The Student Direct Stream is just offered for students from certain nations.
The research authorization ends 90 days after your researches are ended up (after you obtain notification of the program completion). You can still stay in Canada to take a trip and also explore or you can apply for a job authorization, which enables you to take a full-time or part-time task, or perhaps be self-employed.
Documents Required to Get a Student Visa in Canada
Furthermore, you will these documents to apply for a Canadian study permit:
Proof of acceptance
The Canadian university you wish to study at must you a letter of acceptance. Include the original or electronic copy of your letter with your study permit application.
Proof of identity
When applying for your study permit, you and each family member who comes with you to Canada must have the following:
- A valid passport or travel document
- Two recent passport-size photos
Proof of financial support
Moreover, you must prove that you can support yourself, and the family members who come with you, while you are in Canada. However, you can prove your funds with:
- proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you’ve transferred money to Canada
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
- proof of a student or education loan from a bank
- your bank statements for the past 4 months
- a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
- proof you paid tuition and housing fees
- a letter from the person or school giving you money, or
- proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
You may also need:
Letter of intent/ explanation
The letter of intent helps the visa officer to understand you and your goals. This letter explains:
- why you want to study in Canada and
- that you understand your responsibilities as a student
Certificat d’acceptation du Québec
If you want to study in Quebec for longer than 6 months, you need a certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) issued by the Gouvernement du Québec. Your school can give you all the details on how to apply for the CAQ.
However, you can check the visa office instructions for your country or region for local requirements.
How long does it require to Get a Student Visa in Canada?
After making an application for your Canadian research permit, the processing time might take up to 90 days, but it’s normally faster. This also relies on the situation in your home country.
- The Philippines.
After you apply:
Normally, you will need to give biometrics with your application. After you apply, the Canadian Immigration authorities will check your application to make sure you have all the necessary documents. If it’s incomplete, your application may be returned without processing it, or they may request the missing documents if that’s the case.
Moreover, if your application is approved, you will either get your Canadian study permit at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada or mailed to you if you are already in Canada.
You May Also Like:
- USA Diversity Lottery Info – Demands and Documents
- Undergraduate Studies in Canada – Who, What and How to apply
- The pursuit of the American Dream | Life, Liberty, Happiness
You can locate a lot more current details concerning the Canadian trainee visa on the official trainee visa page of the Canadian government.
Moreover, you can also check out more articles on Canadian Immigration